Attorney Michael Kim
Attorney Michael Y. Kim
(214) 357-7533 phone
(214) 357-7531 fax
Michael Y. Kim founded The Michael Kim Law Firm, PLLC on April 1, 2015. Mr. Kim was born in Dallas, Texas, and he grew up in Arlington, Texas. Mr. Kim graduated from the McCombs School of Business at the University of Texas at Austin with a B.B.A. in Finance. Mr. Kim earned his Juris Doctorate degree from St. Mary’s University School of Law in San Antonio, Texas. While in law school, Mr. Kim was on the St. Mary’s Law Journal, the Board of Advocates, and was inducted into the Order of the Barristers.
Mr. Kim’s practice focuses on business and commercial litigation, contractual disputes, fraud and fiduciary duty claims, landlord/tenant disputes, consumer and deceptive trade practice claims, public and private employment disputes, constitutional claims, personal injury and premises liability claims, and business formations and transactions. Over the years, Mr. Kim has represented clients both as plaintiffs and defendants, and he has handled lawsuits, arbitrations, and due process hearings all over the State of Texas. Mr. Kim has represented a vast array of clients from individuals and small businesses in contractual disputes to educational leaders in due process hearings to Fortune 500 companies in the prosecution and defense of a variety of legal claims.
Mr. Kim is a board member of The Korean American Professional Network and the Greater Dallas Asian American Chamber of Commerce. Mr. Kim is also a member of the Dallas Bar Association, the Dallas Asian American Bar Association, the Dallas Association of Young Lawyers, and the Tarrant County Bar Association. Mr. Kim is also a founding member of the Arlington Young Lawyers Association and a former member of Eldon B. Mahon Inn of Court. Mr. Kim has been selected as a Texas Super Lawyers Rising Star for the past five years, an honor recognizing the top 2.5% of lawyers in the State of Texas.
- State Bar of Texas
- United States Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit
- United States District Court, Northern District of Texas
- United States Bankruptcy Court, Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court, Western District of Texas
- J.D., St. Mary’s University School of Law, 2006
- B.B.A., University of Texas at Austin, 2003
- Texas Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2013-2017
- The Korean American Professional Network
- Greater Dallas Asian American Chamber of Commerce
- Tarrant County Bar Association
- Dallas Bar Association
- Dallas Asian American Bar Association
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- Arlington Chamber of Commerce
- Arlington Young Lawyers Association, Founding Member
- Eldon B. Mahon Inn of Court, Former Member